Re: [RTTY] AFSK vs FSK question

To: David VE3VID <ve3vid@hotmail.com>, RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AFSK vs FSK question
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 18:24:59 -0400
I would just make the connection from the sound card to the radio and
then you are set up for all digital modes and even recorded ssb
macros. I used FSK for years but my present radio does not allow it
and I find no downside to using AFSK so far. The receiving station
cannot even tell what mode you are using, so there is no difference
at all on the receiving end.

I don't think there will be a "struggle" at all. Just set the proper
audio levels and let it rip.

Jerry W4UK