Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "w7mem@juno.com" <w7mem@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:27:30 GMT

How about above 1950 to 2000 in the next rtty contest as a test
Hi All
Hi Rich and ALL

Well if you don't want SSB to be interfering this is not the move. In the lower
48 more SSB Ragchews are from 1.880 to 2.000. I would think 1.800 to 1.815 is
better as I hear less CW there than SSB from 1.840 -1.850. Although  1.843 is a
SSB channel for PNW Contesters
73 Mark W7MEM

Hi Ed

>I'd like to hear your thoughts on this topic, pro and con.  In particular, I'm
>thinking about the CQ WPX RTTY and CQ WW RTTY contests.

Having operated RTTY in the WPX and WW and of course CW in all
the topband contests I vote, "No". In fact I also vote to get rid of SSB
on topband but that may be pushing my luck.

160 has a narrow cw band and the two modes don't blend well.

How about above 1950 to 2000 in the next rtty contest as a test. That
should warm up a few shacks as the cheap tuners catch fire.

73 Rich KL7RA  (new guy on rtty contesting, don't run me off)