[RTTY] 160m in RTTY Contests

To: "RTTY COL" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "Thomas F. Giella NZ4O" <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:06:53 -0400
Ed I'm all for RTTY contests on 160 meters. CW and SSB contests occur on 160
meters so why not digital?!

I've been a regular operator on 160 meters for 20 years and have watched the
band go from crowded to virtually and empty wasteland, mainly due to many
hams becoming SK's. I believe in the concept of use the bands or lose the
bands.

I'm retired and have time to be a full time ham and can tell you that all
the HF bands they are very underutilized during the work week and not very
busy on the weekends when no contests are scheduled. Weekend contests
populate otherwise empty bands, a good argument for contesting.

Just my .04 cents (due to inflation).

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA