Re: [RTTY] 160m in RTTY Contests

To: <w0yk@msn.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:26:39 -0500
After reading all posts regarding the subject, I'd be in favor of a 160M only
RTTY contest - make it at least 24 hours.  Adding 160M
to existing CQ contests is not appealing to me.

I presently do not have a 160 meter antenna nor do I have room for a good one,
but I'm sure I'd find a way to get something to work.
I own an amplifier that works on 160M and a high power antenna tuner.  And
actually do have 4 entities (CW) on 160M running barefoot
to my tribander (one is CN).  I think a 160M RTTY contest would be just the
thing to get me on top band.

Great discussion.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com