Re: [RTTY] Any EQSL is invalid

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Any EQSL is invalid
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 00:33:59 -0800
On Nov 6, 2009, at 11:56 PM, Phil Sussman wrote:

> I have QSL cards from unlicensed pirate stations that
> were on the high seas. How invalid are they? Think about it!

The only QSL card I received (many years ago) from a "pirate" was from
Amy ZK1AT.   Later found out that the call sign was never licensed by
the authorities.

She ran the harbor radio in North Cook, so that was indeed a QSO with
N. Cook.  "Valid for DXCC?"  Nope.  Satisfied myself that my signals
made it to N. Cook? Yes.

Speaking of signals, XR0Y has a strong RTTY signal at 7034 at the
moment.  Not a big USA pile (I did see W6OAT work them), so I assume
most people who didn't work XR0Y in 1995 have already worked the 2009
XR0Y?

I was just SWL'ing around and heard a huge JA pile, so I tuned down to
try and see who they were calling.

73
Chen, W7AY