Re: [RTTY] QSL Survey

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QSL Survey
From: Stephen & Marilyn Haines <steveandmarilynhaines@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:49:32 -0300
Here's some figures that may be interesting. Since 2007 I have uploaded
all my logs to both LoTW and eQSL. Right now I have almost equal QSO
totals uploaded from Paraguay as ZP9EH and from the U.S. as W9CPI. My
operating is a majority of CW, with significant amounts of RTTY and PSK
and almost no SSB.

As ZP9EH I have 32% responses on LoTW and 25% on eQSL.

As W9CPI I have 46% answers on LoTW and 24% on eQSL.

I would have guessed that my return rate would have been greater as
ZP9EH than as W9CPI? I find the PSK QSOs to be the highest percentage of
matches, with RTTY second and CW third.

I don't chase paper QSL cards by the bureau, but answer all that I
receive that way.

I do QSL direct for ones that I need, if I don't get a LoTW confirmation
in a reasonable time. I upload to eQSL as a service to others, and do
not chase awards through that system.

73 and hope to work a bunch of you!

Steve ZP9EH