[RTTY] GU0SUP RRU SOABLP

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP RRU SOABLP
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:33:58 -0000
Hi all,

Due to a sick PC, and the fact that I had a lousy cold over the New Year
holidays, and the fact that it was freezing here, I opted to start early on
Sunday morning.
Also, as the PC wasn't behaving too well, I opted to stay S&P, as I really
didn't want the PC to freeze in mid-flow in a pileup.
I was most surprised to start on 80m (much later than planned!) and find
P49X loud here. He didn't hear me too well, but we made it! I also found a
few W's, which was nice, and a few more on 40m up till about 0830UTC, which
was way after sunrise.
Mid morning was fairly quiet, with mostly eastern EU sigs, but by midday,
20m had opened nicely to the USA.
Managed a few nice mults, and was aiming for 200 Q's to satisfy my needs.
20m seemed to get very noisy by around 1700UTC, and closed shortly after
that. I tried 80 and 40 for a while, then decided to check 20 again, only to
find the band was open again, and all the noise had gone.

Enjoyed a few nice QSO's with good wishes, which is always pleasant, and one
of the better sides of RTTY!
Like Susan K5DU, I find those leading dots a real pain, (is this MixW doing
this??), along with those that send incorrect reports.
I had one W who would not accept just a serial number from me, and insisted
on me giving him a QTH, so I just sent GU. Dunno where he was gonna log
that, but what the heck!

Anyway, the PC kept going for the 10 hours I operated, which was a bonus,
but the new kit is on the way!

I think I gave GU to quite a few new calls on RTTY, so maybe the postman
will be busy in the coming weeks!

Here is what I managed:

------------
   80:   11
   40:   41
   20:  152
   15:    1
   10:    0
------------
Total:  205  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 45  Total Score = 17,425

States worked:
CT   MA   ME   NH   RI   VT   NJ   NY   MD   PA   AL   FL   GA   KY   NC
SC   TN   VA   AR   NM
TX   CA   AZ   OR   WA   WY   OH   IL   IN   WI   CO   IA   MN   MO   SD

Provinces worked:
NB   QC   ON   SK   AB

DX:
3V    9A    9M2   CN    DL    E7    EA    EA8   ER    ES    EU    G     GM
GW    HA    HB    HS    I     KP2   LA
LY    LZ    OH    OK    OM    ON    OZ    P4    PA    PY    S5    SM    SP
SV    TF    UA    UA9   UN    UR    YL
YO    YU    Z3    ZC4   ZL

Thanks to all for the fun, and I hope to be all sey up and ready for the
BARTG Sprint with my new setup!
I have a nice new PC ordered (built locally from parts) running Win7, and I
have also ordered a MicroKeyer II to go with it.
Looks like I will be busy for a while, installing everything from scratch!

73 and HNY to one and all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100104-0, 04/01/2010
Tested on: 04/01/2010 20:33:58