Re: [RTTY] What bugged me in 2010 RTT RU

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] What bugged me in 2010 RTT RU
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 18:13:13 -0600
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 16:16:02 -0600
> From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] What bugged me in 2010 RTT RU
>
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 14:29, Dick Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net> wrote:
>

>> the call. Then the reports saying 599 IL-IL were just as bad. Some were
>> sending 599 IL-IL IL and that was okay because you can select the IL.
>
> I made a few at the beginning just like that.  The Macros were left
> over from CQ WW RTTY and had something like "599-{EXCH}" in them.
>
> In N1MM, choosing the contest at the start defaults the value of
> {EXCH} to the right thing (you can adjust as necessary).  Well, for CQ
> WW RTTY, that was 04, so the print on the screen was "599-04" which is
> good, but for RU it printed as "599-OK", which is bad.  I edited all
> the macros once I noticed.
>
> Can't think of a way to automate that within the software ...
>

> Of course, I also had "UOS" unselected in MMTTY for some reason ...
>
> --

Peter N5UWY,

It was not you.  I just checked and your call is not in the aa5vu.tq8
file.  This topic was beat (talked) to death last year.  Mouse selection
or capture of a report with a dash separator just causes more key
strokes. When I would see the IL-IL, I would just type in the report.
That was easier than trying to correct it.

I don't know why some people like to send reports with a dash but
the operators that sent both (599 IL-IL IL) were okay.

73 Dick AA5VU