[RTTY] Sound Cards

To: Group RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Sound Cards
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:22:59 -0800 (PST)
Gents and ladies if you are out there,

I just ordered a little SoftRock SDR card and have been reading about the
performance with onboard vs PCI 24-bit cards. The standard 16-bit 48 khz
motherboard sound is really a poor performer compared to a 24-bit PCI card.

I'm wondering if there is any advantage or performance improvement to be had
with MMTTY and other RTTY programs by using a 24-bit PCI card ? Tests done?
Charts etc?

Naturally the SDR needs stereo and the RTTY programs do not. Maybe there is a
program (or programmer wanting to write one) out there that uses filtered audio
to the R/L of a stereo card for mark/space.

Rick, N6PE