Re: [RTTY] New To Group

To: RTTY Contesting Submissions <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New To Group
From: Dave Barr <vzevhlnw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:22:54 -0500
John, congrats on running qrp in a RTTY contest.  You are not alone.
I've been doing it for a decade or more, and in those contests where I
put in a good effort, usually end up in the upper half of the scoring.
It's amazing what a few watts will do,  and I have found that while psk
is pretty amazing, I do just about as well on rtty, i.e., about 230 dxcc
countries worked qrp, and even some at one watt.  In contests, I have
one macro which repeats the significant part of an exchange (not the
599) five or six times, to use when the first exchange doesn't work.  I
rarely am asked for a second repeat.  Just have patience and be ready to
call CQers several times before you get them, even if you think no one
else is calling.

73 Dave, K2YG