Re: [RTTY] Radio stops sending messages

To: "'KC4HW'" <kc4hw@centurytel.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Radio stops sending messages
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:38:14 -0500
> COM3, YAESUE FT-2000, 4800, POLL CHECKED, Comm PTT: YES

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, set Comm PTT: NO.

Writelog does not time the RTTY data but simply dumps it
to the buffer. When Writelog has finished dumping data to
the buffer it drops PTT (sends a PTT OFF command via CAT).
It is the CAT PTT OFF that is causing the FT-2000 to stop
transmitting before the message is finished.

BTW, with WriteLog it is usually wise to add a couple
spaces to the end of every message to provide a bit of a
tail to prevent a "too quick" PTT drop.

> I could not find a PTT setting in MMTTY and I thought that
> Writelog or Router handled the PTT function.

MMTTY always asserts PTT on the FSK port (in previous versions
of MMTTY, the "FSK" port on the TX tab was even labeled PTT
Port).  Router never handles PTT independently, it only passes
the status of DTR on the FSK or PTT ports.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV