Re: [RTTY] TS-940S

To: <w4gkm@juno.com>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TS-940S
From: "sjolin" <sjolin@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:23:09 -0600
If your friend has the rig set to FSK, then he has to have an additional
cable from an AC jack on the back of the rig which supplies the FSK part ( I
think it's labeled RTTY). If he is using AFSK, then he has to have the rig
set to SSB.  If he sets the rig to FSK in order to use CW filter without the
additional cable connection, he wont have any tones.

Not familiar with the Buxcom cable but if there is only connection to 13 pin
accessory jack, then I don't think FSK will work. Don't know anything about
the Buxcom in particular. Hope this helps.

If your friend checks his TS-940S manual he will see this connection in the
setup instructions.

73 de Dave, N0IT