Re: [RTTY] Fw: [rigblaster] Fw: Rigblaster Plug & Play Question

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fw: [rigblaster] Fw: Rigblaster Plug & Play Question
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:59:07 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

A quote from Del Schier, K1UHF, at West Mountain Radio:

>Note that AFSK works very well with the advantage that the software AFC
>tunes automatically and precisely zero beats the other station; a slow and
>tedious manual operation with true FSK. As far as I can tell the only
>advantage to pure FSK is that some radios have pre programmed narrow RTTY
>filters inside the AGC loop may not let you program the radio's SBB filters
>to keep strong adjacent stations from killing the RF gain. Otherwise the
>DSP audio filtering in a program like MMTTY is far superior than any radio's
>IF filters.

REPLY:

1. Tuning manually is a "slow and tedious operation"....?

and

2.The other advantage of true FSK: No concern about the input gain
control setting and the possible overdrive of low-level audio stages.

Does K1UHF even operate RTTY?

73, Bill W6WRT