Re: [RTTY] IS0R & 75 baud

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] IS0R & 75 baud
From: "WS7I" <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:57:10 -0700
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>

>On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Jeff Le Fouler - F6AOJ <f6aoj@orange.fr>
>wrote:
>
>> in order to increase qso rate in dxpedition
>> IS0R will run 75 baud on 20m today
>
>Does anyone really believe that changing to a non-standard baud rate
>will actually INCREASE rate?  Or will it just increase confusion?

You are of course right, Jim.

75 Baud RTTY will enable this expedition to work at least 1 QSO per hour.
There will be a huge decrease in any foreign contacts as most will not even
figure out the 100 WPM speed.

This is one of the worst ideas to ever surface.  Sort of like working 100 WPM
in a RTTY contest.

I'll let Chen address the phase-shift and polar problems.  But don't use your
250 Hz filters as they won't work!

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by ClamAV]