Re: [RTTY] IS0R & 75 baud

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] IS0R & 75 baud
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:05:15 -0700
On May 10, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> Does anyone really believe that changing to a non-standard baud rate
> will actually INCREASE rate?  Or will it just increase confusion?

Perhaps the objective is to reduce the size of the pile, HI HI.  RTTY
riff-raffs won't know how to copy them; unfortunately I suspect that some will
call anyway.

We'll see if their rates actually drop because of the need for more repeats on
poorer paths.  Would be interesting.  I don't know if they considered the
effect of Eb/No when looking for increased rates.

73
Chen, W7AY