Re: [RTTY] 200 hz filter on RTTY

To: aa5au@bellsouth.net, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 200 hz filter on RTTY
From: "Charlesjr@afgimail.com" <Charlesjr@afgimail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:26:25 -0400
There is actually three carriers on the signal you mentioned. The one in the
middle is the
strongest. The two weaker ones about 5hz each side from the middle one. I
always thought it was a
harmonic from some commercial station down in the 5.1mhz range. Sometimes you
can see all 3
sometimes not depending on condx's at the time and what your rig/software can
hear.
I turned Autotune off in RITTY and had perfect copy with the weak right side
carrier about 3hz away
with the PROIII set at 350hz bw. The E4X sig was just a little stronger than
the weak right side
carrier with nothing showing on the s meter.
RITTY can also copy single tone rtty, even vy weak ones. Every time I see a
spur I put the mark on
it and invert the signal with perfect copy. I have been questioned before about
spotting rare/semi
rare dx. One even got on the air and called me a liar when I spotted the T6
when other W's could
not hear him. Right after my spot EU jumped all over him and starting spotting
him. RITTY pulls
them out of the noise and in some cases you can't even see or hear the signal.
I did not log them on 30M. Maybe next time.
73
charles/kk5oq