Re: [RTTY] Cheating - (No Scratch that make it - "Whining")

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Cheating - (No Scratch that make it - "Whining")
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:01:00 -0400
Mike,

My replies to Bill were only in response to his whinny "I don't want
to have to compete against 'their kind'" nonsense.  Like SO2R or not,
use SO2R or not, operators who use SO2R are just as much a single
operator as the guy with an IC-718 and AV-640 on the back deck.  SO2R
operators should not be prevented from competing against other single
operator stations any more someone who has a tribander at 70 feet
should be prevented from competing with those of us who are limited
to verticals and low wires.

If one does not like SO2R as it is currently structured, the alternative
is to convince contest sponsors to adopt band change
limits (e.g., "n" band changes per clock hour) or a "10 minute
rule."  Such rules significantly limit the "advantage" of SO2R
techniques while applying the same rules to all.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV