Re: [RTTY] FLDigi vs MMTTY?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FLDigi vs MMTTY?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:30:12 -0400
Ed,

> Keep in mind with the addition of an inexpensive sound card fldigi
> will also allow SO2R.

How's that?  Fldig seems to be stuck with mono receive audio and
will not take one rig on the left channel with a second one of
the right channel as is don't with all the other SO2R software.

The mono audio also screws up the ability to "listen to the pile-up"
with dual receiver radios (e.g,, FT-1000, FT-2000. FT-5000, K3, etc.).

> Also keep in mind that fldigi is bridged to N1MM thanks to Rick
> N2AMG's work.

  ... and to DXLab Suite with the same single receiver limitation.

> fldigi is solid as a rock in Linux and for the most part M$. OS-X
> seems to be our problem child. But thanks to a couple of very savy
> users most OS-X problems get solved.

Unfortunately, the lack of a scriptable interface makes it impossible
(or unlikely) that any Mac programmer will interface fldigi to Don's
MacLogger DX or Chen's uH Router for rig control.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV