Re: [RTTY] small rig for contest dxpedition?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] small rig for contest dxpedition?
From: Mark Spencer <mspencer12345@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
I used an ICOM 706MKIIG with a 350 Hz filter using MMTY with direct FSK on RTTY
for several years.   It worked quite well.   I did need to adjust the IF Shift
control somewhat but one it was set properly it did not need to be adjusted
again.   I was pleasantly surprised by the receiver performance once I added
the
350 Hz filter.    I liked the scratch pad memories for contesting and working
split with the dual VFO's was easy as well.

Regards
Mark VE7AFZ