Re: [RTTY] INRAD filter question

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] INRAD filter question
From: David VE3VID <ve3vid@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:11:33 -0400
Confusion is clearing a bit, check my thinking on this..................  The
400hz filters are listening over a portion of the band away from the section
where the mark and space tones will be heard.  So the reason it sounds so
beautifully quiet is because I'm listening to the null outside the filters
bandpass.  Yes?

The TS-450 has a +/-2.2Khz IF shift.  This may not be quite enough to get the
RTTY signal inside the passband.   The 450 also has a menu option to change the
receiver tone from 2125 to 1275hz.  This may be irrelevant though as it is for
FSK mode.

I'll be back in the op chair this afternoon and give these options a try then
get back to the email thread.   PLAN-B  if this fails,  is there a simple &
inexpensive interface that I can use to do true FSK.  USB to 13pin

David