Re: [RTTY] INRAD filter question

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] INRAD filter question
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:07:33 -0400
 > The TS-450 has a +/-2.2Khz IF shift.  This may not be quite enough to
 > get the RTTY signal inside the passband.   The 450 also has a menu
 > option to change the receiver tone from 2125 to 1275hz.  This may be
 > irrelevant though as it is for FSK mode.

If the narrow filter is centered at 600 Hz in LSB, a 2.2 KHz offset
should get you to 2800 Hz which should be more than enough.  Check
it though.

 > PLAN-B  if this fails,  is there a simple&  inexpensive interface
 > that I can use to do true FSK.  USB to 13pin DIN...........??

See the information on AA5AU's web page:
                   http://www.aa5au.com/rtty.html.
You will need a pair of NPN transistors driven from the RTS/DTR
lines of a typical USB to serial converter with EXTFSK to generate
the FSK/PTT signal.  You can continue to use the Signalink USB for
PSK31/other digital modes and for receiving RTTY.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV