[RTTY] The PJ's an RTTY frequencies

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] The PJ's an RTTY frequencies
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:18:36 +0100
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been playing in JARTS, but I have had a lot of chores to do
round the house, and as it is so nice, I took advantage of that to start
clearing up in the garden.

Anyway, I have had a chance to chase some of the new PJ calls, (so far I
have PJ4, PJ5 and PJ7) but I have to ask why they are choosing non-RTTY
areas in which to work RTTY?

I keep seeing spots for some on 28.130, 18.095 and so on.

Are they really on RTTY on these frequencies, or is it that folk are getting
confused between RTTY and PSK?

I did manage to bag PJ7E this morning on 40m, but due to QSB, I am not sure
whether he logged G0SUP or the real GU0SUP.

It was way after sunrise here, and he was a good signal most of the time,
apart from bouts of QSB.

Oh well, maybe I just have to try and log them again.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101017-0, 17/10/2010
Tested on: 17/10/2010 17:18:36