Re: [RTTY] NA Sprint RTTY Log Check Report Analysis

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NA Sprint RTTY Log Check Report Analysis
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:57:05 -0500
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:13, Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com> wrote:
> You're right ... K0YR did not submit a log, so log checking used the QSOs
> from the received logs to determine his sent exchange.  Far more people
> logged 'TOM' with the letter 'O' and that is more logical for a name anyway.

OK, so how picky is the log-checking robot in general?  Clearly, the
program (whatever it is) will kick out T0M vs TOM, but will a human
intervene and say "no problem" or is it a broken Q?  It really should
be "log what you receive" even if it's wrong.

> letter 'O' would have fared better ... one of the few cases where relying on
> pre-fill rather than what was actually sent is good!

I had a guy in a 'phone 'test keep asking me if my name was "Cliff?
Cliff?" ... no, it's Peter, Peter and you obviously never copied the Y
at the end of my call.

Cheat files just make trouble ...