Re: [RTTY] FT2000 & AFSK

To: "'Kok Chen'" <chen@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT2000 & AFSK
From: "Anthony J. Cioffi \(N2KI\)" <n2ki@amsat.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:03:23 -0500
Chen, et al

Well we finally got things working properly.  It ended up being some
incompatibility with running MMTTY (stand alone) with Vista.

After we made all the suggested changes, adjustments and continuity checks,
we still had no inbound audio to MMTTY and the CAT was still not
functioning. At that point the last hair fell out.

We then tried DXLab Suite (which is what Mike uses as a logging program).
The Commander module picked up the CAT frequency immediately, and Win
Warbler (with MMTTY decoder enabled) worked perfectly.  All that was left
was to adjust the display frequency to read the mark tone.   The 1000MP has
a menu setting to adjust the frequency downward 2.125 kHz to reflect the
mark tone frequency when using AFSK.  Interestingly enough, the FT2K seems
to already do that.  My MP is adjusted down 2.125khz and all the time we are
trying to adjust the FT2K we were always off by 2.125 on the FT2K readout.
Adjusting the menu 72(?) back to zero put both the FT2K in sync with the
1KMP readout.

So there you have it.  Vista strikes again! Oye!

Listen for a new RTTY contester (Mike - K2CYE) this weekend in the RU.

Thanks to all who chimed in to help.  Print you in the Round Up!

Anthony - N2KI
 www.n2ki.com