Re: [RTTY] Post Roundup comments

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Post Roundup comments
From: "Andy Swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:22:41 +0000
<AANLkTin8V9nOhCN58Liwo6ttf_WMcZL8GkZVJx4dVv=g@mail.gmail.com>, NQ4S - Delbert
<NQ4S@arrl.net> wrote:
> As mentioned elsewhere 400 Hz is the minimum when in SSB mode and yes I'm
> working AFSK.  I have a SignaLink USB which is great for minimizing the
> cabling back ot the PC but does have the limitation of not supporting manual
> PTT and FSK keying.
>
> I'm toying with the idea of building a custom interface to let me use the
> SignaLink with FSK and PTT keying via the TS-2000's ACC2 port.  I have the
> design posted on the SignaLink discussion group now to make sure I'm not
> missing anything.  Don't know if I'll have it ready to go by CQ WPX RTTY
> next month but I can always hope..

Hi Delbert,

Check out the digimaster pro+ from g4zlp:
http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/unified/DM_PRO_PLUS_complete.shtml

I got one of these with the lead for my ts2000 and it truly does it all.   It
is so nice to be able to use the the FSK filtering on the ts2000 and this box
lets you.   It just uses a single USB port onto my laptop which has none of the
old stuff (com lpt etc) f and works a treat.

Cheers
Andy
gm8eog