[RTTY] Rtty RU Gm8oeg

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Rtty RU Gm8oeg
From: "Andy Swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:14:20 +0000
Hi

Well its some time since I last posted here, because its sadly some time since
I was last able to take part in a rtty contest,  but I was able to be on for
the RU and it reminded me how much I love doing this!!

I'm no big rig with just 100W to either an inverted L or low inverted V dipoles
for 40/20.

band  qsos states dxcc
3.5     73     2         9
7        63     0         9
14      149   19      22
21         3     1        0

          288   22      40

States: AB,QC.   AZ,CA,CO,IL,KY,MA,MN,MT,NC,NE,NM,NY,OH,OK,PA,TN,TX,VA,WA,WI

DX: 9A CN CT DL E7 EA EA6 EA8 F G  HA HB HZ I LA LY LZ OE OH OK OM ON OZ PA S5
SM SP SV TF UA UA2 UA9 UN UR YA YL YO YU XE ZC4

I'm sure I could have done much better by being a bit more organised but one of
the reasons I'm able to be QRV is that I currently have pneumonia so I'm not
really up to being too organised!!   Still, I managed 13 hours operation over
the weekend which was more than I expected to do,  RTTY contesting is great
because you can do it from a comfy chair without too much stress!

I was well pleased on the Sunday afternoon to be called by a few of you further
states in the US and Canada such as CA, WA (you know who you are!), AZ, AB,CO,
NE and WI.   I normally have to go looking hard for such as these, they don't
call me!  From the other direction I was also well chuffed to be called by T6AF
and HZ1PS :-)   But a big thankyou to anyone and everyone for your QSOs!

As per usual I don't have my own country in the log,  in fact it wasn't until
the last hour that I managed to put any UK stations in there!   Sadly I never
found you Phil!

What's activity likely to be like for the UKDX rtty?   I was on for this
several years ago and found it a bit sparse, I hope to be able to be on next
weekend for it, hopefully it's a bit more popular these days?   So look this
way for the double multiplier of GM and AG!!

(heaven forbid - I might even get GM myself!)

Best  73
Andy
gm8oeg