Re: [RTTY] Repeats: State vs Province vs QTH ...

To: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Repeats: State vs Province vs QTH ...
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:27:52 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:54:42 -0500, "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
wrote:

>Is anyone naive enough to think that everyone will operate exactly as you
>want them to? Why inundate the reflector with meaningless opinions, that
>probably 99% of the subscribers couldn't care less about?

REPLY:

With all due respect Shelby, I think you are missing the point of having
a reflector vs just sending personal emails.

Invariably, topics will come up that individuals may not have thought
about but which raise questions or offer suggestions they can use. I
certainly don't now it all and I read each and every post in the hope
that I can glean something new. Also, I don't expect everyone to operate
exactly as I do - in fact there was a suggestion just today about
changing a macro which I am going to adopt in future contests. I have
been RTTY contesting since 1993 and I thought all my macros were already
at optimum. Not so.

Please keep an open mind. We are never too old or too experienced to
learn something new and useful.

73, Bill W6WRT