Re: [RTTY] Macros et al

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Macros et al
From: "Andy Swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:35:29 +0000
>>> On 13/01/2011 at 08:16, in message
<DEE8EE7CCBB04ACCAB53DB74537AF382@UserPC>,
<hodgson@cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
> I use the following:-
>
> F1 – CR TEST DE ZC4LI ZC4LI CQ
> F2 – CR HISCALL 599 001 001 HISCALL

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the QSO last weekend, as ever, glad to see you're still
there!

I notice something above that seems pretty common practice (judging
from what I heard last weekend too) and also other advice I read and
this is the sending of the report (and callsign) only twice.

I prefer to send (and receive) it three times.   The reason for this is
if I get a report (or callsign) only twice and one is corrupted, how do
I know which is correct?    But if there are three and one is corrupted
then I have two versions to arbitrate on and don't need to ask for a
repeat.

I know that the argument is that the exchange therefore takes
(slightly) longer, but I believe what I save in asking for (or being
asked for) repeats makes up for that.
Maybe my thinking here is influenced by being a smaller station (100w
and wire aerials)  so I know I'm generally going to be a weaker signal.

Thoughts?

> Hope to cu in the UKRTTY this weekend.

And you, look this way for the GM and AG double mult!

> 73 Steve, a small station with a good callsign.

73  Andy, errr just a small station ;-)