[RTTY] Best MMTTY profile for noise and weak signals?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Best MMTTY profile for noise and weak signals?
From: "Stephen/Marilyn Haines" <steveandmarilynhaines@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:10:21 -0300
I would love some direction about MMTTY profiles from more knowledgeable
operators. I run 60-80 watts to a poor homemade vertical only a few feet
from the side of our duplex. Several times Charles KK5OQ has told me
that others are responding to my CQ, but I can't copy them -- just a bit
of signal and a few letters.

Local noise level on 20 is a steady S7, with less noise on other bands.
I'm running a K3 with 2.7 and 400 hz roofing filters. The computer is a
9 year old laptop, 950 Mhz clock, 256 MB RAM, running up-to-date XP.
MMTTY is 1.68a that I normally leave on the default profile because I
don't know enough to choose another one. In non-contest situations most
signals are just over the noise, or in and out of the noise.

What available profile in MMTTY would be best for me in these
conditions? Secondly, what bandwidth on the K3 is likely to work best?
Chen, I would really appreciate your opinion, if you have the time to
respond.

73 de Steve ZP9EH (who worked very hard for the 75 QSOs in the roundup!)