Re: [RTTY] Why send 599 report

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Why send 599 report
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:45:47 -0600
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 14:47, Doug McDuff <w4ox@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> There you go again, trying to increase macro length and waste
> time.  4 numbers for time for instance, versus only 3 for RST.  I
> will leave it to Bill to calculate how many minutes would be wasted
> over an entire contest if we were to switch from RST to a time exchange... :-|

You're confusing two things, perhaps on purpose.

Whether an exchange includes one piece of information (other than
callsign) like RTTY RU or 4 like SS has nothing to do with how
efficiently that information is transmitted.

Regardless of the length, efficient sending is the goal.  Or should
be.  And to be clear, this is not about the guy that wants to have a
little fun on Sunday afternoon near the end that has never been in a
contest before; this is about guys that should know better.