Re: [RTTY] Why send 599 report

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Why send 599 report
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:12:01 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:15:40 -0800 (PST), Russell Blair
<russell_blair86@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Why not do away with sending 599 when all the logging programs put in for you
>anyway, its just a symbolic.

REPLY:

Most folks including me agree, but it's up to the contest sponsors. For
now, most rules require it. Theoretically, if you don't send it you
could get disqualified, although I've never heard of this happening.

Maybe if we all write the sponsors, something might be done.

There are a few contests which do not require it. Good for them.

73, Bill W6WRT