Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AA6YQ-FIR-512

To: "Michael Haack" <mikehaack@aol.com>, <k0bx@arrl.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>, <MMTTY@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AA6YQ-FIR-512
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 23:38:26 -0500
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Michael Haack
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 10:36 PM
To: k0bx@arrl.net; rtty@contesting.com

On MMTTY, version 1.68A, Is the AA6YQ FIR512 profile in there already??
Seems to be the Multipath profile.

Or am I missing something else?

>>>The AA6YQ-FIR-512 profile is optimized for weak signal decoding.

>>>To make it easier to obtain this profile, I have posted a USERPARA.INI
file in

<www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/USERPARA.INI>

>>>This file defines the following 8 profiles:

- Standard RTTY
- Fluttered Signals
- Flutter Signals (FIR)
- 23 Hz RTTY (MMTTY)
- Multi-path
- hyper sensitive
- EU1SA
- AA6YQ-FIR-512

>>>To use it,

1. terminate MMTTY

2. in the folder that contains your MMTTY.EXE file, rename the existing
USERPARA.INI file to USERPARA_ORIG.INI

3. save <www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/USERPARA.INI> into the folder that
contains your MMTTY.EXE file

4. start MMTTY, open the Profile menu, and verify that the eight profiles
listed above are available; then choose the one you wish to use.

>>>If desired, you can revert to your original USERPARA.INI file by doing
the following in the folder that contains your MMTTY.EXE file

5. terminate MMTTY

6. delete USERPARA.INI

7. rename USERPARA_ORIG.INI to USERPARA.INI

8. start MMTTY

>>>If you instead wish to insert the AA6YQ-FIR-512 profile into your
existing USERPARA.INI file, you can download it via

<www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/AA6YQ-FIR-512.txt>

>>>and use a text editor like Notepad to insert it into the USERPARA.INI
file in the same folder that your MMTTY.EXE file lives. As Joe W4TV has
pointed out, standalone MMTTY is limited to 8 profiles, so you may have to
remove a profile from your USERPARA.INI to make room for this one; if you
have a profile named AA6YQ in your USERPARA.INI file, simply replace it with
the AA6YQ-FIR-512 profile. Then restart MMTTY.

>>>The information above is now permanently available via

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/AA6YQ-FIR-512>

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ