Re: [RTTY] DOS computer for improved RTTY reception?

To: "Kok Chen" <chen@mac.com>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DOS computer for improved RTTY reception?
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:14:32 -0600
Chen,

The display on the MMTTY is good by 2000 standards, but not at all in the 2011
era where PowerSDR and DM780 waterfalls dominate the
eye-candy space.

One other problem with MMTTY - the spectrum seems to be after the BPF taps.  So
you don't really get a good feeling for what's going
on in the spectral neighbourhood.  Nor are there any markings (horizontal or
vertical) on the display.

MMTTY is functionally a great package.  But it's just missing some of the
modern conveniences that new packages have unfortunately.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com