Re: [RTTY] N1MM, Writelog, MMTTY, macros

To: "RTTY reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] N1MM, Writelog, MMTTY, macros
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:42:24 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:25:21 -0700, "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll@arrl.net>
wrote:

>I like using N1MM's esm, especially on run mode. You can keep one hand
>positioned on the table to keep hitting the ENTER key on the numeric keypad.
>You don't have to keep your arm elevated to hit the top row of f-keys, or
>insert or plus or apostrophe.

REPLY:

Welcome to the N1MM fan club, Dave.

If you feel in an experimental mode, you can take the ESM function a
step further by using the mouse wheel to send ENTER by rolling the wheel
away from you and to do the GRAB function by rolling it toward you.
This is really cool.

To do this you have to use AutoHotKey, a separate (freeware) macro
program. I won't go into great detail here but basically you put the
following commands into an AutoHotKey macro:

;ENTER
wheelup::send, {ENTER}

;GRAB
wheeldown::send, {F7}

This assumes that you have assigned the GRAB function to your F7 key.
I also assign the right mouse button to send QRZ?, very useful when
running.

With this macro you can do practically the whole contest without
touching the keyboard at all, and the only mouse-clicking you have to do
is on the exchange. If anyone wants more info on AutoHotKey just email
me. Their website is:  http://www.autohotkey.com/

73, Bill W6WRT