[RTTY] WPX Tips and Tricks Needed

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX Tips and Tricks Needed
From: "Jeffrey Demers" <jdemers@Wakefly.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 19:14:29 -0500
I'm planning a serious effort for WPX RTTY this coming weekend.

I'm still an extreme newbie to RTTY contesting - but boy has it been fun so
far. I was hoping the veteran RTTY contesters could provide some tips on score
maximization and on operating this contest in general.  I also see that the max
operating time is 30 hours (instead of 36 max in other WPX contests) - this
seems like a mixed blessing and I'm curious how serious WPXers deal with it
with their off times.

I've attached some of initial goals below.  They seem fairly realistic - a
projected rate of 36 qsos per hour over 30 hours.   This seems very doable
based on my current station capabilties and the growing participation in this
event.

Thanks in advance.

73! Jeff, N1SNB

2011 CQ WW WPX RTTY Goals

80/200
40/300
20/400
15/175
10/25

Total QSOs:  1100 / with 600 prefixes for around 1.1 million points