Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [GreenKeys] lack of civility

To: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [GreenKeys] lack of civility
From: "Kevin H. Phillips" <kh-phillips@9-5usa.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:01:13 -0600 (CST)
> The run station could just have easily resumed his CQ call and dropped
the QSO. No mess, no fuss.

In other words, ignore the person (?) or am I misunderstanding?  My
question is:  is this more gentlemanly behavior?  For me, the issue is not
only the language but the overall attitude.   This may be the sort of
behavior which turns people against contesting or, as the ARRL has chosen
to call it, "radiosport".  If that terminology is accepted, then this
doesn't seem like "sportsmanlike" behavior to me.  I can remember
blundering into a contest, albeit a SSB contest, not long after I got
licensed.  Someone took the time to tell me what the procedure was.  That
seems to be more in keeping with the spirit of the "sport" IMHO.

73
Kevin
W5TTY