Re: [RTTY] WPX from GU0SUP

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX from GU0SUP
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:55:55 -0800
Phil said:

> Just a couple of moans:
> Firstly, folk calling me when I am in the middle of a contest exchange!
> SP6NVK tried this more than a few times, and it really bugged me. It was
> the
> cause of numerous repeats between me and the station I was working.
> And why do some folk send the serial number just once when there is
> QRM/QSB
> and they need my CALL AGN AGN?? You really need to change your macros on
> the

> fly depending on conditions!

Yes, and when I send QRZ? or AGN? when I don't get their callsign the first
time, don't send my call, just yours.  Invariably, my call comes through
perfect and theirs is garbled.  As many have said before "I know my call, I
need yours."  Make a buffer with JUST your call in it.

Same with the exchange, the 599 is not needed in the repeat of the number
(unless the number is 599 :-)  73
Tom W7WHY