Re: [RTTY] External Sound Card - Was: NCJ RTTY Article by AA5AU

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] External Sound Card - Was: NCJ RTTY Article by AA5AU
From: "KC4HW/Jim" <kc4hw@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:40:33 -0500
Just thought I would report back to the group.

I got a few suggestions as to what Don/AA5AU, Mark/N2QT and
Joe/W4TV are using for their external sound device.

I purchased the Encore 7.1 Channel USB Audio Box through Newegg
and it arrived today.  Very small piece and would fit into most anybody
installation/station.

I plugged it in to the USB port and using Window 7/32 Home, it found
the new device right away.  I installed a second directory with
MMTTY2 and after a few mouse clicks in MTTY and Writelog, it was
decoding on the new Audio Box.  It really was pretty painless, atleast
for now.  Will have to get and FSK/PTT line connection setup, but I
should up with the SO2R by the next RTTY Contest.

Thanks to Don/AA5AU to the great article in NCJ and thanks to those
that participate with information about the external sound device.

Jim/KC4HW