Re: [RTTY] Question about ARI contest rules

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Question about ARI contest rules
From: "danrolla" <iw1qla@tin.it>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 17:31:53 -0000
Bill,

I forwarded your question to Bob I2WIJ, the new ARI Contest Manager. Find
following his answer. He also told me that he will try to join the list
asap.

73 de Dan, I1-12387

====== inizio risposta =====

Hi Bill,
thanks to Dan I received your question and I am happy to answer.
Sorry that you don't speak my language, but luckily I can speak your
(though maybe not fluently or correctly).
Apart this, coming to your question, my first comment is that it
is a good question.
My second comment is that, unfortunately, time is too short now
for any possible change, supposed it is needed.
Rule are the same since the birth of this contest, but nevertheless
there is no reason why they cannot be updated and/or better shaped.
Certainly this rule has been introduced to encourage DX contacts,
as you noted, and it is the same as the CQWWDX contests
(even if ARI DX is quite another story, compared to the CQWW, hi).
I can promised I will keep this suggestion for the next year edition
among some other changes which have been requested/suggested
by others.
By the way, I hope you will enter the ARI DX Contest anyway!
Usually there is a good activity in RTTY during this contest.
I hope to meet you on the bands next weekend.
Best regards,
--
Bob, I2WIJ
A.R.I. HF Contest Manager