Re: [RTTY] NEW! The 10-Meter RTTY Contest

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NEW! The 10-Meter RTTY Contest
From: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:08:54 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Two separate events, please.

When 10M is really open I doubt you'd be able to approach on RTTY the sustained
rates possible on CW (150/hr) or Phone (200+/hr.)  These rates are possible
because there are simply a whole lot of guys on these modes that you can work
really fast.  A serious Mixed Mode entrant is going to be where the rate is.
Guys like Don, Ed, Bill, et al, are in a better position than me to indicate
what RTTY rates are possible with a single radio - but remember, SO2R, an
effective rate-enhancing technique, isn't available in a single band event.

And if you're looking to have a separate RTTY category available, then why not
just stick with the stand alone event, where activity will not be diluted?

73, Mike K9NW