Re: [RTTY] Baud racing

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Baud racing
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:35:07 -0700
Hi all,

Well, after seeing Bill's post about Baud racing, I decided to check out my PC.
I'm running MMTTY under Win7Pro (32Bit) with an Intel Pentium III Xeon (dual
core) at 2600MHz for each core, with 3584MB of usable RAM.
I also have a Microham MKII to control FSK, and RTTY worked right up to 300
Baud.

You are right in that it starts not to sound like RTTY at all. I wonder how
long a CQ call would need to be in order for someone to come across the sound
and actually tune the signal in decently?
You'd have to be pretty slick on the keys to work a pile-up at this speed, or
have very easily accessible macro's!

So, it looks as though it is possible, but whether it would work reliably is
another matter.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP