Re: [RTTY] Any Software for an HD-3030

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Any Software for an HD-3030
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:35:07 -0400
> From the description, the HD-3030 is a typical Terminal Unit that
> can be interfaced with a computer via the serial port. I would
> associate it as "PK-232 like" in its features and operation. So if
> the fellow has the manual included with the TU (to know the command
> set), he should be able to get this running on RTTY, ASCII, and CW.

The HD-3030 was of the generation previous to the "terminal node
controller" (PK-232/KAM/etc.) class of devices.  It is an old style
filter/slicer terminal unit and has no "smarts" or code conversion
(5-bit to 8-bit) capabilities.  It requires dumb terminal software
that directly supports 5-bit/45.45 baud code on the serial port.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV