[RTTY] Exchanges

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Exchanges
From: <edfelter@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:52:06 -0700
After my CQ, I noticed several stations answering with their call and their
contest exchange on their first transmission.  Several years ago I saw this
develope in the early PSK contests, but didn't think much about it.  I spent
only about 4 hours (102 Qs) in the NAQP but saw enough instances of this "new"
protocol to give it some thought.  I would answer with my report but also would
quickly remove the last callsign and <RXC> and hit my TU QRZ macro to hold
frequency.

Is this to be come the new and accepted protocol?  I'll change my macros
according if so.  Just curious!

73,

Ed, AI6O