Re: [RTTY] Booooo

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Booooo
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:54:41 -0400

 > So Who/Where did the idea come from?

The "RTTY" DXCC has long accepted confirmations using any digital mode
even though the certificate has been printed "RTTY."  My certificate(s)
from a couple years ago say "RTTY" even though there are a sprinkling
of PSK31, AMTOR and JT65 confirmations included.  That's really no
different than "Phone" DXCC including SSTV (hiss!) confirmations.

I seriously doubt that the Awards Committee and the Board are going to
be willing to expand DXCC to the orgy of special mode awards the way
WAS has.  There are 37 individual "Digital" WAS awards (any band) and
another 37 "Digital" WAS awards *for each band!*  I can't imagine any
way the DXCC Desk, Awards Committee and Board would even consider
separate awards for just RTTY (ITA2 Only), PSK*, and JT65 much less
all of the individual submodes.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV