Re: [RTTY] ST0R woes

To: 'rick darwicki' <n6pe@yahoo.com>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ST0R woes
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 22:52:16 -0400
The home QTH - which we're selling in a few months - is like the cobbler's
shoeless children.  A 500 watt amplifier, a ground mounted 2 band vertical, and
a low hanging G5RV that was chosen only because it fits between 2 convenient
trees and loads up equally poorly on several bands.  SSB is generally a
hopeless mode for me here on 20-17-15-10 either because the antenna is not a
good match or because I'm a pipsqueak.

After hours of chasing them on RTTY and CW with no luck, I worked 'em on SSB on
the 2nd call on 20m this evening.

Go figure...

Al
AB2ZY