Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have m

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 21:45:46 -0500
Chen,

The issue to me is not about category.  It's about tradition.  Dropping RTTY in
favor of a broader category of digital may be
logical.  But it's not showing proper respect for the 3rd leg of a grand
tradition.

RTTY has a history and distinct appeal not found in the mode-of-the-month mix
of digital stuff.

I don't recall ST0R planning to run "digital" - they are running RTTY.  And
that's the case with most.  CW.  SSB.  RTTY.  The
cornerstone modes of the contest and DX tradition and market.  Been that way
since SSB overtook AM as the phone mode of choice.

And from a business standpoint, I don't understand why the league would forgo
the issuing of RTTY certs for DXCC.  It's all tracked
by computer anyway and with the size of the RTTY community (growing RTTY
community, that is more properly said), there is a lot of
ARRL $ being lost in this decision as well.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com