Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have m

To: Neal Campbell <abrohamneal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement
From: Andrei Stchislenok <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:40:17 -0400
Few years ago, while in YN - land, I received a request from a guy from PSK
Club.

He begged me to work him and other guys in PSK mode.

I showed respect to that PSK group and did work 24 Q's to give that group a
New One on PSK. Then I switched back to RTTY. It was during CQ WPX RTTY 2008
or 2009, not sure. Since that, I never worked PSK again...

The point is: I did work few contacts on PSK with some 5 or 10 watts - but
this is absolutely different environment. This is not a Contest Mode - this
is a chewing mode.

If there are CQ WW DX RTTY and WPX Contests - lets keep RTTY WAS awards!

When they create CQ WW DX PSK Contest - (if... I doubt it) - then WAS PSK
should be established.

Before that - WAS RTTY and DXCC RTTY should exist, as well as WAS PSK, DXCC
PSK and other "Digital" modes awards...

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D