Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have m

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:53:27 -0500
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 13:16, Michael Haack <mikehaack@aol.com> wrote:
>  LOTW already tracks DXCC and WAS, and already recognizes the Various
> Modes including RTTY.
>  There is no reason it couldn't be tracked for both a RTTY and
> "DIGITAL" DXCC.

First, LOTW is not DXCC.  LOTW is just a way to collect credits to
apply to various ARRL awards (no one else, even IARU, will us it and
that's a shame though understandable).

I don't think *more* awards need to be added to the DXCC program even
if I am against the change of RTTY to Digital.

Look at the WAS program.  LOTW tells me that there are 366 different
WAS awards, including Triple Play, and from reading the WAS rules,
there are other combinations **not covered by LOTW**!

DXCC has but 17, including DXCC Challenge.  Do we *really* want to
make DXCC more like WAS?

As someone who holds WAS for Phone and RTTY from two different
locations, I'd rather see WAS made to mirror DXCC!