Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have m

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement
From: Michael Haack <mikehaack@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:57:17 -0500
On 08/02/2011 9:42 PM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
> Out of curiousity, what's the benefit to you of calling PSK31 RTTY?  The only
> thing that's changed is the name of the award.  It has  been made
> representative of what the award is for.  Handing out an RTTY award for 100
> PSK31 QSO's (which the ARRL has been doing for 20 or so years) and calling it
> the RTTY award would seem to disrespect a mode you want respected.
  As any number have suggested, Keep the RTTY DXCC and create a New
"Digital" DXCC.
  RTTY is RTTY.
  Everything else, is Digital.

  And oddly, I wouldn't / didn't consider a QSL for other then RTTY,
when I submitted my RTTY DXCC application.

> Like Abe Lincoln said - you can call a tail a leg, but a dog still has only 4
> legs.
>
> And modes don't care what you call them or how you categorize them.  They are
> quite insentient!
>
> Al
> AB2ZY

  In which case, Eliminate ALL mode specific DXCC awards. We'll only
have One, DXCC. 100 countries regardless of mode.
  I don't see that getting to far either...

73 Mike WB9B