Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have m

To: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:32:22 +0200
TU Jim, W7RY.
I will wait for any response from there with real interests. The move
to point him here is also very well done.

I have tried, just when the notice hit here the first time, to wrote
at the DXCC Board, but no response. It does mean nothing, mail bounces
on far away servers doesn't always get notified to the sender address.
Nonetheless I was looking for the official statements about the matter
 and just yesterday at my local dawn I found it. I was and I am
astonished reading it.
Now yours mail leave me with a greater sense of attention and patience
for a response coming from the source of the subject matter.

I have no doubt that out there are more heavy and  conscious arguments
about that happening. But also as Jeff, AC0C, commented in a like way
we are facing something that is crunching the wrong part of the HAM
history and the related technologies changes, I personally add.

BTW Jim are you pondering that yours call would need to change
accordingly? W7RY may become W7DG, just a joke HI. Same for all of us
with RY in the call sign anyway operated, i.e. IQ1RY also would become
IQ1DG. I know a fellow here that is ready for the change his call is
IW1DGK, Marco. DG for DiGital is already in place, and now he would be
IW1DiGitalKeying more in the flow. He was ready. From my side I could
stay, as usual, with IW1AlwaysYankingData, sigh!

          73 de iw1ayd Salvo

-------